.. So, in this post, i will try to figure out how PC^2 can get better .. by giving it some lousy competition 😀
.. Just add one to the power..
The Bad stuff about PC^3:
- Still in alpha .. so if PC^2 started in 1988, may be we will use PC^3 to run the ACM-ICPC, in the year 2525.
- Web App.. relies on HTTP, still no matter what, Desktop apps and two-way communication have their charm.
- currently supports ASP.net only (not cross-platform), but you are welcome to port it to Mono.
- Not Feature rich yet. (i think that’s why its open source 😀 .. we need your help 😀 .. etbara3 walaw be logo)
- .. you get to add ..
The Not-So-Bad stuff about PC^3:
- ZERO install is required on the contestants’ machines, just a browser.
- You can always fire up a backup machine to host the server .. copy the configuration folder .. give the contestants the new URL .. every one is happy.
- HTTP can get through your annoying university’s firewall.
- NOW .. you can actually have the scoreboard integrated with the client it self.. and not have to give every one the link in the clarifications.
- Its open-source .. so if you were a judge in some contest and no one submits .. and you got bored .. you can always fire VS and add some features and get to test it in a real contest .. you can, right ?.. no ?!
- Imagine all the features we can add .. I am posting a list to the blog soon isA.
so .. suggestions, contributions ?